Blood Donor Program
Thank you for your interest in MetroWest Medical Center's Community Blood Donor Program. Our mission is to maintain a safe, adequate blood supply for our community, and to be prepared for any emergency that may occur in this rapidly growing area.
Last year we were able to collect 93 % of the 6,033 units of blood products needed for our patients. Were asking each healthy individual in each business, school and community group within the MetroWest area to donate blood. We are very proud to say that we have over 2100 people who have donated anywhere from one pint to over twenty gallons.
Blood Donor Room Hours:
Monday, Thursday, & Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30am to 7:30pm
For more information and/or questions call 508-383-1230
For unexpected closing call 508-383-1019
Ground floor of the Framingham Union Hospital
115 Lincoln Street
Framingham, MA 01702
Minimum requirements to donate blood: ( Click here for Additional info )
- Be in good health ( See sources of iron )
- Be at least 16 years old with parental/guarding consent or 17 years old or older.
- Weigh a minimum of 110 pounds
- Have not had a tattoo or body piercing within the past 12 months
- Not be pregnant or nursing
- Have not had major dental work within the past 3 days
- Have not traveled to an area with known malaria risk in the past year
- Have not spent time that adds up to 3 or more months in the United Kingdom between 1980 and 1996; or spent time that adds up to 5 or more years in Europe from 1980 to the present