Blood donation is a vital part of our ability to provide fast, effective medical care. An adequate blood supply keeps up prepared for emergencies, and allows us to serve our neighbors who rely on generous donations of this literally life-giving fluid. That’s why we’re committed to making sure our donation center is a safe and convenient place for you to donate blood.
If you haven’t donated before, we ask that every healthy individual in the MetroWest community who meets the following requirements learn the facts about blood donation and consider stopping in to help save lives.
To donate blood you must:
- Be in good health
- Be at least 17 years old; 16 years old with parent or guardian consent
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Have not received a tattoo or body piercing within the past 12 months
- Not be pregnant or nursing
- Have not had major dental work within the past 3 days
- Have not traveled to an area with known malaria risk in the past year
- Have not spent time that adds up to 3 or more months in the United Kingdom between 1980 and 1996, or spent time that adds up to 5 or more years in Europe from 1980 to the present
When to donate blood:
- Monday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Where to donate blood:
Ground floor of:
Framingham Union Hospital
115 Lincoln Street
Framingham, Mass. 01702
For more information about our blood donor program please call (508) 383-1230.