At MetroWest Medical Center, senior health care is one of our priorities. We understand that our older adult patients have unique mental health needs. That’s why our Leonard Morse Hospital location in Natick offers a new, state-of-the-art Department of Mental Health licensed geriatric psychiatric treatment unit. Our secure 24-bed unit offers specialized geriatric services for our older adult patients coping with a primary psychiatric condition and/or behavioral disturbance related to dementia.
About our Neuro-Psychiatric Treatment Unit:
- Patients receive individualized care and treatment planning from an experienced geriatric services team
- Doctors are board-certified in behavioral neurology and neuropsychiatry, as well as psychiatry and neurology
- The senior healthcare program offers comprehensive planning for wide range of neurological, medical and diagnostic treatments
- Treatment also includes nutritional assessments, cognitively stimulating activities, yoga therapy and pet therapy
- The senior health program includes educational meetings for family and caregivers to learn about mental health issues, dementia, and other neuropsychiatric conditions.
To learn more about our Geriatric Psychiatry Services, please call (508) 650-7540.