The staff members at the Cancer Care Center have specialized training and years of experience helping patients who are living with cancer. All of the following support services are provided free of charge.
Information and Education: MetroWest Cancer Center maintains a comprehensive health library along with pamphlets, books and information on specialized healthcare providers. We also sponsor educational programs on the prevention and early detection of cancer.
Financial Counseling: A financial counselor is available to help you understand any billing questions and navigate insurance concerns.
Nutritional Counseling: Our oncology dietitian can help you plan and maintain a healthy diet, which can improve the effectiveness of cancer treatment. Services include:
- Complete nutritional assessments
- Planning and maintaining sound nutritional health
- Information about alternative nutrition therapies
Oncology Nursing: MetroWest Cancer Center’s trained oncology nurses work with patients to develop a personalized care plan, including:
- Helping to coordinate family and community resources
- Educating patients on their disease
- Counseling patients about how the disease will affect their lifestyle
Patient Navigator: Our patient navigator is a dedicated staff member who helps patients and families coordinate appointments, implement individual plans of care and also provides guidance and support for dealing with a cancer diagnosis. To contact our patient navigator call (508) 383-1378.
Social Work: Through counseling, support groups and professional referrals, our social workers help patients and loved ones find the strength to face their diagnoses and adapt to life with cancer. Social workers also help with practical matters, such as:
- Referrals for transportation
- Home health care
- Medical equipment and medication
- Financial assistance
- Skilled nursing or hospice services
To arrange a confidential meeting with our social worker, call (508) 383-8529.
Bereavement Services: Our trained, caring social workers can help cope with the impact of loss through bereavement support groups, and special programs for grieving families.
A Community of Caring: The MetroWest Cancer Center works closely with outside agencies and groups to extend the circle of resources available to cancer patients. Our community partners include:
- American Cancer Society
- Council on Aging in 26 surrounding communities
- Hospice and home care agencies
- Durable medical equipment and suppliers