Reaching for your grandchild, writing a check, playing catch with your child, waving goodbye to a friend … each of these basic activities is possible only because of the versatility and flexibility of your hands, arms and shoulders. The upper extremity is uniquely complex and includes the joints, bones and muscles of the fingers, hand, wrist, arm, elbow and shoulder. Because of its complexity it’s also very prone to injury.
At MetroWest Medical Center, our renowned team can determine an accurate diagnosis and develop a plan of care to ease your pain as quickly as possible, and with lasting effects. Our team of orthopedic specialists in hand, wrist and shoulder are well-versed in treating a variety of conditions from carpal tunnel to joint replacement.
It takes specialized skills to work on such a complex area of the body, and we work hard to ensure a quick and complete recovery. Getting you moving better is our goal.
Our team specializes in the treatment of:
- Soft tissue sprains, strains, and contusions
- Overuse and traumatic injuries to the upper extremity and hand
- Degenerative and rheumatoid arthritis
- Rotator cuff tears
- Impingement syndromes of the shoulder, elbow, and wrist
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Instability of the shoulder
- Fractures, shoulder seperations, dislocations, subluxations