Our certified Speech-Language Pathologists have received specialized training in innovative techniques to restore adults patients to their highest level of function and independence. Following a thorough evaluation your Speech-Language Pathologist will develop an individualized treatment plan to meet your specific needs and improve the quality of your life.
At MetroWest Medical Center, our Speech-Language Pathology services include assessment, treatment, and management in the following areas:
- Dysarthria –slurred or misarticulated speech, impaired rate of speaking
- Aphasia – difficulty understanding and/or producing spoken language, word finding difficulties
- Dysphonia –hoarse, weak, or breathy voice; inappropriate vocal pitch; vocal cord pathology, voice impairment due to head/neck cancer
- Dysphagia –difficulty swallowing, modified diets, return to oral intake after feeding tube, management of dry mouth
- Cognitive Rehabilitation –following brain injury
In addition to standard treatment, MWMC offers the following advanced innovative techniques:
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) –Highly effective and intensive protocol designed to treat the voice and speech impairments in persons with Parkinson’s disease.
- Vital Stim –Special form of neuromuscular electrical stimulation designed specifically for the muscles involved in swallowing. The major treatment goal is to strengthen these muscles and help in the recovery of motor control.
To schedule an appointment for speech therapy at either site, please call 508-383-1076.