MetroWest Medical Center Receives College of American Pathologists AccreditationMay 16, 2023
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – MetroWest Medical Center and its Lab Services Team secures accreditation from the College of American Pathologists (CAP). The accreditation extends through May 2025.
The CAP Laboratory Accreditation Program’s goal is to improve patient safety by advancing the quality of pathology and laboratory services through education, standard setting and ensuring laboratories meet or exceed regulatory requirements. The program helps laboratories to:
- Maintain accuracy of test results and ensure accurate patient diagnosis
- Meet required standards from CLIA, FDA and OSHA. CAP requirements commonly exceed the standards, bolstering patient care and safety
- Manage rapidly evolving changes in laboratory medicine and technology
- Exchange ideas and best practices among pathology and laboratory medicine peers
- Offer professional development and learning opportunities for laboratory staff
Click here to learn more information about CAP’s accreditation. Click here for MetroWest Medical Center’s Department of Imaging Services.