Blood Donor Program
Live here, Give here
Blood is a need that never goes away. There is no substitute for human blood. One pint saves up to 2 lives. We rely on generous donations of blood to provide effective medical care to our community. The blood donor staff will make sure your experience donating blood is safe and comfortable.
Criteria for Donating Blood
To donate blood, you must:
- Be healthy and well
- Be at least 17 years old; 16 years old with parental or guardian consent (click here to download and print our parental consent form)
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Have not received a tattoo or body piercing within the past 12 months
- Not be pregnant
- Have not had major dental work within the past 3 days
- Have not traveled outside the continental United States or Canada within the past month
- Have not traveled to an area with known malaria risk in the past year
- Have not spent time that adds up to three or more months in the United Kingdom between 1980 and 1996, or spent time that adds up to five or more years in Europe from 1980 to present
If you’re eligible to donate blood, you can donate at Framingham Union Hospital on the ground flood.
- Mondays: 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 10:30am to 7:30pm
- Fridays: CLOSED
Community Blood Drives
Each year, we’re able to collect many blood donations through our mobile blood drive program. We strive to make blood donation as simple and as convenient as possible by coming to businesses, schools and community groups.
We bring all the supplies needed for our mobile blood drives, including snacks, juice and a special gift for each donor.
To learn more about donating blood at MetroWest Medical Center, please call us at (508) 383-1230.
You can also get more information or schedule a mobile blood drive at your facility by contacting Amanda Regan at (508) 383-1288.