Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Critical Care That’s Close to Home
When it comes to a life-threatening illness or injury, you want high-quality care that’s close to home. MetroWest Medical Center’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) has the staff and resources to provide care and healing for a wide variety of complex medical, surgical or psychological concerns. We offer:
- A compassionate and highly trained staff
- A warm, healing environment for both you and your family
- State-of-the-art technology and diagnostic procedures
- Doctors and nurses with advanced training in critical care and cardiac care, as well as advanced cardiac life support certification
- Convenience of quality care close to home: Framingham Union Hospital has a 12-bed ICU and Leonard Morse Hospital has an eight-bed ICU
Why Choose MetroWest?
At MetroWest, we work hard to provide a positive space and a warm environment that promotes healing and open communication for you and your family. While in the Intensive Care Unit, our highly trained Registered Nurses are only assigned to one or two patients at a time, and you can expect to be treated with the respect and compassion you deserve.
During your stay with us, your family will be encouraged to visit to support you in your healing. The ICU at our Natick location offers a private, accessible visiting space just outside each patient room for the convenience of families and patients.
Our ICU team will work with you and your family to determine the best visiting schedule. This will help ensure that you can receive plenty of quiet rest, as well as ongoing medical attention, to speed your recovery.
ICU Nurse to Patient Ratios
Our ICU Nurse to Patient Ratios for Quarter 3 of 2016 are as follows:
- Leonard Morse Hospital, Natick
- Average Daily Census: 4
- Average Daily Staff Nurse Census: 3
- Average Daily Staff Nurse-to-Patient Ratio: 1 to 1.5
- Framingham Union Hospital
- Average Daily Census: 8
- Average Daily Staff Nurse Census: 5
- Average Daily Staff Nurse-to-Patient Ratio: 1 to 1.7
For More Information
Want to learn more? Feel free to contact Framingham Union Hospital ICU at (508) 383-1400 or Leonard Morse Hospital ICU at (508) 650-7466.