Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Program
At MetroWest Medical Center, we are experts in bariatric surgery, but we’re much more than that – we are people who understand how difficult weight management can be, and we can help. Call us today at (508) 650-7725.
The Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Program at MetroWest Medical Center is a physician-directed program and customized to meet each patient’s needs. We are a MBASQIP Accredited Center - Comprehensive, which means we have undergone an extensive approval process and met the highest standards for safety, proficiency and volume. You can read more about why the MBASQIP Accredited Center - Comprehensive designation matters here. Our Center has also been designated a Blue Distinction® Center (BDC) for Bariatric Surgery Program from Blue Cross/Blue Shield, with a BDC Plus designation for Gastric Banding. The BDC Plus designation signifies that our program meets nationally established quality-focused criteria that emphasize patient safety, outcomes, and cost of care criteria.
Our multidisciplinary team approach provides the highest quality, safest, and most effective surgical strategies available to achieve weight loss, weight maintenance, and a healthy lifestyle.
Our step-by-step treatment program offers comprehensive pre-and post-surgical care, and incorporates the physical and emotional aspects of weight loss surgery. Our patients have access to state-of-the-art care in an environment that is comfortable, personable, supportive, and respectful.
We know that weight management does not end with weight loss surgery. That’s why we offer a comprehensive weight management program that provides resources before and after your surgery.
Program benefits include:
- No program fee
- Individualized attention
- Lifelong commitment and support
- Large, private rooms for recovery after surgery
- Warm water pool exercise class availability (for a minimal fee)
- Free valet and self parking
Our program is different because:
- Our multidisciplinary staff uses the most recent evidence-based knowledge to provide care and support for weight loss surgery and maintenance.
- We recognize that the key to successful long term weight loss is not just about the surgical procedure, but also the bariatric program behind it.
- We assess each patient’s needs and customize his or her care, both medically and surgically.
- We offer free informational sessions on bariatric surgery several times each month.
Your Partner for Bariatric Surgery
We offer monthly meetings for our patients to share, listen, and discuss their weight loss journey. These meetings are also a great place for new patients to meet our physicians and medical staff and learn more about weight loss surgery. Meetings are held on the second floor of Leonard Morse Hospital at 67 Union Street in Natick. Attendance at monthly meetings is mandatory for patients preparing for bariatric surgery. Any questions, please call (508) 650-7725.
FREE Online Risk Assessment
Click here to take our free online assessment to find out of weight loss surgery may be right for you.
2016 Support Groups:
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016 @ 5:30pm - HELM Auditorium, 2nd floor, Leonard Morse Hospital