Compassionate Care for Your Child
MetroWest Medical Center offers a wide range of pediatric health care services for children from birth through 21 years of age in a kid-friendly, family-centered environment.
Our experienced pediatric specialists work together to get your child back to health as soon as possible, We partner with Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center in order to bring advanced care to our Pediatric Specialty Center in Framingham. Specialists ranging from pediatric neurologists and gastroenterologists to pediatric oncologists and allergists are available to see your child for outpatient appointments.
Pediatric Specialty Services
In addition to comprehensive, general pediatric care, our services include:
- Level IIB Special Care Nursery: Our Level IIB Special Care Nursery is available for at-risk newborns with special health needs, such as prematurity, respiratory problems, congenital disorders, and newborn infections. Neonatologists and Pediatric Hospitalists work closely with Obstetricians and Perinatologists to assure all needed care is provided to every mother and newborn, whether low-risk or high-risk. Working closely with Boston hospitals, our Special Care Nursery is a resource that may serve as a transition from a Level III nursery to a Level II nursery closer to home.
- Pediatric Surgery: MetroWest Medical Center offers inpatient and outpatient pediatric surgery for a wide range of conditions. A special component of the program includes Countdown to Surgery, an interactive teaching program to help prepare children and their families for surgery. The program includes a tour of the Operating Room and Pediatric Unit, advice for parents to help children cope with pain, and a post-surgical follow up call from our nurses.
- Pediatric Clinic: We see children for a wide range of issues, from sick visits to immunizations. Our Pediatric Clinic operates much like a doctor’s office and offers primary care services as well as sick visits. The clinic is also an active teaching site for students from Tufts University School of Medicine and residents from MetroWest Medical Center.
- Pediatric radiology and imaging
- Pediatric Emergency Care: We have pediatric emergency doctors available every day of the week in the Framingham Union Hospital Emergency Department.
- Pediatric Subspecialty Clinic: This clinic operates much like a doctor’s office and offers pediatric specialty care in cardiology, gastroenterology, urology and plastic surgery. Specialty pediatric care is available in the following areas:
- Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedics
When your infant or child is hospitalized at MetroWest Medical Center, he or she may be cared for by our team of pediatric hospitalists. These board-certified pediatricians specialize in the care of children admitted to the hospital as part of our affiliation with The Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
Hospitalists provide individualized, family-oriented, advanced medical care for your child, and serve as the link between you and your family, nursing staff, other doctors and, most importantly, your child’s own pediatrician.
If you would like to learn more about MetroWest Medical Center’s pediatric services, please contact Framingham Union Hospital at (508) 383-1000.