Patient and Family Advisory Council
What is the Patient and Family Advisory Council?
MetroWest Medical Center places the patient at the center of all decision making, offering exceptional service, high quality, comprehensive clinical programs, and a supportive work environment for our physicians & employees. We value every person’s uniqueness, and support individual’s cultural preferences as an integral component of their plan of care. Our medical staff represent a full range of specialties distinguished for clinical excellence and high quality outcomes.
The PFAC serves as a voice for patients and family members, allowing them to work together with physicians and staff to improve the overall healthcare experience.
What does the PFAC do?
The Council members are committed to improving the healthcare experience by:
- Encouraging a greater understanding of the health care experience through the eyes of the patient and family.
- Providing advice, information and recommendations to MetroWest Medical Center Staff that will support planning, policies and procedures.
- Improving patient safety, integration and navigation of health care systems.
- Promoting effective and ongoing communication between patients, families and staff.
- Enhancing relationships between MetroWest Medical Center staff and clients, patients and the community.
- Supporting patients and family members to be full partners in their treatment and care.
How to Become a Member of the PFAC
We are always seeking dedicated individuals who want to help us improve the care we can provide for our community. The membership process begins with an application to the PFAC. Prospective candidates will be interviewed by members of the council.
Candidates must be a former (within 2 years) or current MetroWest Medical Center patient or caregiver of a MetroWest Medical Center patient. Members will attend meetings a minimum of once per quarter.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the PFAC, or if you have any questions about the PFAC, please contact Susan Mangini, Chief Nursing Officer, at Susan.Mangini@mwmc.com.
For a copy of the PFAC Annual Report please contact Francesa Casasanta at Francesca.Casasanta@mwmc.com.