Living with chronic and severe back pain can be disabling. At MetroWest Medical Center, we offer a comprehensive range of noninvasive and surgical back pain solutions, such as treatment for spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease for people living
in Natick and Framingham.
Advanced Spine Care for Back Pain in Massachusetts
Neck and back pain are some of the most common medical complaints among adults. This pain can be immobilizing and can come from a variety of different causes. While most back pain patients recover without spine or back surgery, surgery may be the best
option to treat your pain when noninvasive treatments don't work.
At MetroWest Medical Center, we have therapists, doctors and surgeons specializing in neck and back pain. Our experts provide complete and comprehensive evaluations and treatment
programs tailored to your specific needs.
We have the expertise, resources and advanced technology to diagnose and treat various spine conditions and diseases. Our spine care team applies clinical expertise to establish an accurate diagnosis
and develop a plan of care that fits your needs.
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain is one of the most common medical problems in the United States, affecting 8 out of 10 Americans at some point in their lives. It can range from a dull, constant ache to sudden, sharp pain.
Many things can cause back pain. Some of
these triggers may include the following:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated or ruptured discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Fractured vertebrae
- Inflammatory arthritis of the spine, such as ankylosing spondylitis
- Infections that affect the bones of the spine or discs
The types of back pain are:
- Acute back pain - happens suddenly and usually lasts a few days to a few weeks
- Subacute back pain - can come on suddenly or over time and lasts four to 12 weeks
- Chronic back pain - may come on quickly or slowly and lasts longer than 12 weeks
The intensity of back pain varies from person to person. It can begin with local pain in a specific spot, generalized pain that spreads all over the back or pain that radiates away from the back to the other parts of the body, such as the buttocks, legs
What Kind of Doctor Do I See for Back Pain?
Different types of healthcare providers treat back pain, depending on the cause. Back pain can result from an accident, a fall, lifting heavy objects, degenerative diseases and other medical conditions.
If you're suffering from back pain,
your treatment team may consist of the following healthcare providers:
- Pain specialists – physicians with specialized training in evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of different types of pain, including anesthesiologists
- Family or primary care doctors
- Orthopedists – also called orthopedic surgeons, treat and perform surgery on bone and joint diseases
- Neurologists – healthcare providers who treat disorders and diseases of the spine, brain and nerves
- Neurosurgeons – physicians who perform surgery for disorders and diseases of the spine, brain and nerves
- Rheumatologists – healthcare providers who treat musculoskeletal diseases and autoimmune disorders
- Physical therapists – trained professionals who specialize in movement and muscle strengthening
Why Choose MetroWest Medical Center for Back Pain Relief?
From osteoporosis to herniated discs and spinal diseases and deformities, our experienced back pain doctors can perform advanced procedures to diagnose and treat various spine conditions. We'll work with you to develop a personalized care plan suited
to your unique needs and condition.
Our team of spine care providers can correct problems related to:
- Traumatic and overuse injuries to the spine
- Spinal deformities, both acquired and congenital
- Systemic diseases affecting the spinal function
- Degenerative spine conditions
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis
- Herniated disc lesions
- Soft tissue sprains, strains and contusions
- Work-related back pain
- Mechanical back dysfunction
- Fractures, dislocations and subluxations
- Whiplash injuries
Surgery could be the best option to treat pain for some back pain conditions. The decision to use surgery depends on several factors. You and your doctor will discuss your age, level of disability, pain intensity and the degree to which your pain interferes
with your lifestyle.
Insurances Accepted and Payment Plan Options
If you have an upcoming procedure or surgery you've been putting off, let us help you get all the information you need to decide on your healthcare.
Begin your journey to better health at MetroWest Medical Center. We accept various
insurance plans and offer options for flexible payment plans to help you get the quality care
you need when you need it the most. We offer payment plans for most treatments and procedures, including but not limited to back, hip and knee procedures.
Our dedicated staff is ready to address your insurance and billing questions
and make financial arrangements. Please call 833-784-5421 or visit our patient financial resources page for your billing and insurance questions. Please contact your insurance provider directly if you have specific questions about your coverage.
Find a Back Pain Doctor in Natick and Framingham
When rest and over-the-counter medications don't work, it's time to seek medical attention. Count on our experienced back pain doctors and compassionate staff for proper back pain diagnosis and advice on the best treatment options for your condition.
We aim to help you get the quality care you deserve through compassionate service with some of the latest technology and procedures available in our Natick and Framingham locations. Let us help you feel better. Please call us at 800-872-5473 or find a back pain doctor near you. Please don't delay care.