Education, Support and More
At MetroWest Medical Center, our efforts to support our community go beyond offering high quality, affordable health care. We also give back to the community in a number of different ways, including sponsorships, donations, community health fairs and more! Our recent community outreach efforts include:
- Senior outreach at community health fairs, which included health screenings and health educational materials.
- Women’s educational programs, including heart disease, breast cancer outreach programs, and osteoporosis screenings.
- MetroWest Medical Center partnered with local community agencies and Councils on Aging to provide monthly screenings and speakers at their facilities.
- We offer cultural diversity programs, including health screenings and education; comprehensive interpreter services program with 20 video interpreting units and on-site interpreters for Spanish-and Portuguese-speaking patients; and financial counseling to explain free care benefits and assist with filling out application forms.
- We offer screenings and lectures emphasizing wellness and preventative medicine to help people participate more actively in their own healthcare.
- We offer a number of ongoing specialized programs focused on disease management including cancer, obesity and heart disease.
- MetroWest Medical Center is committed to the health of patients, employees, the community and the global environment. We recognize the link between environmental choices and health and the importance of establishing sustainable environmentally friendly practices at our hospitals. Areas of focus include waste and paper reduction; food; policies; environmental services; energy; greening the OR; mercury; styrofoam collection; community medication take-back and a number of other initiatives.